Everyone gets chocolate cravings at some point or another. Giving into them can be easy but the feelings of regret that could come after it may not be what we want. Truth is, chocolate can be good for you. It is even considered a super food! In moderation of course. Chocolate can offer health benefits such as:
It can be be good for your heart
Can provide cough relief
Good for men’s prostates
Full of antioxidants
Now with all of this said, when I say chocolate I mean dark chocolate. Organic dark chocolate (60%) or more of cocoa provides all of these great benefits that can satisfy your craving without all the sugar. Today I made these little snacks with 70% dark chocolate and fruit! Because who doesn’t like fruit dipped in chocolate?
Its all quite simple. You will need:
Your favorite fruit(s)
1. Chop your chocolate into small pieces, almost shavings.
2. Fill a large pot with a little bit of water then, place a smaller pot inside it.
3. With low heat, place your chocolate shavings inside the smaller pot.
4. Stir periodically until completely melted.
5. Dip fruit into melted chocolate and place onto the baking sheet covered with wax paper.
6. Place your baking sheets full of fruit into the freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
7. Viola! Snack time!
Note ~ Don’t let the water touch your chocolate! It will seize and become a gooey mess.
1 thought on “Chocolate Covered Yumminess!”
Great idea, thank you. Good to know chocolate can be part of a healthy diet.