Those pumpkin spice coffees and frappuccinos people get at mainstream coffee shops are full of processed sugar and empty calories. If you are craving a fall-themed latte here is one that you can make in the comfort of your own home without the processed sugar and preservatives.
You will need~
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
1. In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stovetop or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until foamy.
3. Pour coffee into a large mug, add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images