Not only is that whether getting cooler, but meals are getting warmer as well! Below is a delicious and warming soup that is great for a family dinner. Enjoy!
You will need~
2 Tbs olive oil
1 large Spanish onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
6 cups of Vegetable
2 bay leaves
2 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lb. each), peeled, seeded and chopped into 1 inch cubes
3 fresh sage leaves, diced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat until tender, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the stock and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the squash and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, until the squash is tender.
4. Remove the bay leaves
5. Puree about one quarter of the soup on a old processor or blender until smooth.
6. Return the puree to the pot and stir in the sage, salt and nutmeg. Simmer for 2 minutes to heat through.
7. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with parsley.